Monday, June 29, 2009

Curry leaf fruits

03062009
It is a small "tree" about 1 meter height which I planted in a plastic pot. This is the 2nd time it is bearing fruits after all the white and fragrant small flowers were dropping...The fruits are in green colour, after that the colour change to pink then dark red to almost black with a very shining surface when mature.
I was told this small black, shiny berries are edible, but their seeds are poisonous.
The small and narrow leaves somewhat resemble the leaves of the Neem tree, I use it to cook curries with fish or coconut milk. They have a fresh, peppery, fragrant flavour that really improves your curries.
This potted curry leaf tree has been with me for almost 5 years, it is growing from a small plant less than 15cm in height, I forgot where it is come from, I think I just saw it growing in one of my potted plants one day. It likes full sun, many times it is almost dead when I were moving it to somewhere out of sunlight. It is getting taller and taller day by day although it is so slow growing.  I think this is the time for me to repot it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi. Out of curiosity, how's u r curry plant doing? Do they still bear fruits?